Monday, August 20, 2007

A Beginner's Blog Brainstorm

The rain was falling all weekend in my head about jumping into the blogosphere the 'right' way. Yes, I realize there is no "right" way, but you understand. Just educate myself a little more before really posting a few times a day in a 'less than focused' direction.

The initial question I kept asking myself was,

"Should I have different blogs for different passions / aspects of my life?"

and the answer I've come to so far is

"Yes, but not too many, or just one, but efficiently structured....ahhh I'm still thinking about it ....."

Dissecting the closer and more passionate aspects of my persona, I came to realize that outside of my profession and my external interests and hobbies there are a few quirky things I'm incredibly passionate about in my personal daily life. I really could blog about quite a few subjects, as I'm sure many people could as well. But another question kept ringing...

"Should I ?"

I would really like to hear other people's opinions regarding these sometimes idiosyncratic passions I have. I believe whole-heartedly that this is the ideal forum to indulge my obsessive-compulsive needs to converse about this kind of thing.
I put it to a friend yesterday like this regarding the blogosphere and myself.

"Of all the people I PERSONALLY interact with on a daily basis, a very small percentage actually and honestly care what I'm asking or talking about."

I went on to express that especially with the fact that my personality, (ahem) brutal honesty, turns another portion of my potential companions away as well. Realistically leaving me with very few people to honestly talk to about what I'm curious about or just feel like randomly expressing." - ( Just for the record I AM capable of existing in a realm of niceties and BULLSHIT for the sake of smiles and society's commongood, but I'd just rather not LIE all the time. )

"So enter the blog," I said, "where people decide to find ME and what I'm talking about and make their own decisions to join my conversations, instead of me wasting my time ( and pissing some people off ) trying to honestly converse with those that don't care, don't want to, don't like me, or just don't have the time..."

"Wow, you've found the perfect world for YOU! " He said.

I really think he's right.

No comments: